We are successfully finished 13 years
The Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) is the association with the largest number of doctors in the country. Formed in 1959, we currently have more than 14,000 members. The more members we have, the more united the medical profession can be and the better the MMA can represent doctors in Malaysia.
- That physicians have a unique responsibility for the health of society, derived from their ancient duty to protect life and preserve health.
- That Medicine cannot be insular, self-seeking, self- protective / defensive but must be an integral part of a caring society.
- That social and economic factors are important determinants of health, and that current global trends point to impending environmental degradation which will threaten human health and survival.
- That the advancing frontiers of medicine and the values of our modern technological age present unprecedented ethical and moral dilemmas for physicians.
- And that modern technological medicine and rising public expectations contribute to escalating health care costs.
- To promote and maintain the honour and interest of the profession of medicine in all its branches and in every one of its segments and help to sustain the professional standards of medical ethics.
- To serve as the vehicle of the integrated voice of the whole profession and all or each of its segments both in relation to its own special problems and in relation to educating and directing public opinion on the problems of public health as affecting the community at large.
- To participate in the conduct of medical education, as may be appropriate.
- To promote social, cultural and charitable activities in building a united Malaysian nation.
- To carry on any business, trade, joint venture, commercial arrangement, transaction or any enterprise whatsoever which may in the option of the Association be advantageous to the Association or calculated directly or indirectly to enhance any of the Association’s assets, properties or rights.